Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Why other people love books - Continued! :)

Thomas from Castle Air Force Base, U.S.A. - Many of you have expressed my love of books exactly! Over the past year I have become a published author. I used to wonder why it took my favorite authors so long to come out with the next sequel to the series I have been following, NOW I KNOW!!
My love of books has been taken to a completely new level. Because I craft the worlds, the rules, the characters out of my crazy imagination. I started down this path from reading voraciously and thinking I knew where a book was going or how things might end up and being disappointed, left hanging, or feeling that the author could have done so much more. Now I can crank it up, twist every drop of life out out of the plot, and write the books I would like to read. The nice thing is that there are others who enjoy just such intensity, drama, and action.


Karen from Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey - Escaping into a book, into a world different than my own whether its in the past, the future, a different place or planet is irresistible to me. To learn about different people and their lives, what life was like 500 years ago or 100 years ago or in Africa or England, or anywhere, it's all so interesting and different than my own life.

I started life as a tomboy who played with the boys in the neighborhood because there were no girls. Then I learned to read. After that I had to be chased out of the house to get some fresh air. I lived for the summers so I read all day long. I begged my mother to take me to the library more than once a week because I'd already finished my last book. I was very lucky to have a mother who also loved to read and understood. The library was a magical place for me then, now my own collection of books and book websites feed my passion.


Anne from Poughkeepsie, New York -  I taught myself to read when I was three years old. Books have been my salvation through a less than stellar childhood, through all the hard times in my life, I have turned to books where some people do drugs or drink. I don't know what I'd do without them.
Through reading I've been to places I'll probably never get to, and visited worlds I can only dream of. I will never stop reading!


Brenna from Chapel Hill, Tennessee -  I love my books because they take me away from everything. Like when I'm sad or hurt I read a book and i forget everything. (it's kinda like a drug) :)

Freya Pickard from the U.K. - I have to read because I have to have stories in my life.

Ruth from Parkersburg, West Virginia - I think story telling and listening are a primary function of being human. Books allow us to connect with the best story tellers. The physical books themselves are also often a source of delight, when well bound and illustrated.

The next post is for the people who shared their opinions but do not have an exact location.

No comments:

Post a Comment