Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Focus of this Blog

If you come to this blog and HATE spoilers, beware! I think I will be posting reviews about books I read, but also summaries, which I am terrible at because I tend to spoil the book. I'll try really really hard not to. I'll make my best efforts.

This blog was originally part of my International Investigations Week project, but I think I'll continue it. It's a great way to meet and communicate with fellow book lovers around the world. I'll also be using my Goodreads more.

IIW is wrapping up today, and I'd have to say that my blog and my attempts at communicating with others around the world was a success. I've connected with many over books (friends on Goodreads include Adriana, Abby, Patti, Naynay, Brenna, Tabitha and Saga), and I've related really well to Abby, probably the most out of anyone I've talked to. On the green & pink post is the summary of Abby and my most recent conversation. :) I hope it's okay if I post it here, Abby.

I've discovered that I'm not the only one in the world who can't connect with others their age because they don't share common interests. Something I found in common among many people is that a lot of people read books to escape reality, to discover other places/worlds.

I'm really glad I chose this IIW because it's helped me a lot in finding people more similar to me than the people I'm normally around at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment