Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Game of Thrones - Characters I love! :)

So far, I've only read the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin, but it's AMAZING! The only bad part is the really slow parts, which tend to happen a lot. I've read the prologue of Clash of Kings, but I'm reading Pretty Little Secrets, and I need A LOT of time to read the series. I've also watched the HBO series, and it's pretty amazing - it definitely does the books justice.

My favorite characters in the Game of Thrones are:


Arya Stark - Do I need to say more? Just her name is awesome! She's not a girly girl like her sister Sansa, and SHE FIGHTS! She's not afraid to talk back and question orders. Plus, she's not stupid - I mean, it was HER and not Sansa who knew that she had to escape the Red Keep once Ned was arrested. She actually learns how to swordfight with Syrio Forel, which comes in MUCH more use than Sansa's sewing needles ever will, especially in the upcoming war. I admire her for standing up to Joffrey when Joffrey started to attack Micah, her friend. Plus, I love the name of her direwolf, Nymeria. 100 times more creative a name than Lady, Sansa's direwolf.  In short, Arya Stark is amazing, and I will be so angry if Martin kills her off.

Ned Stark - Two words - Cool dad. Although his honor and justice eventually brings his downfall, it's that sense of rightousness that I love about him. He's a force to be reckoned with, according to Queen Cersei. He's smart, knowing how to follow the steps like Jon Arryn did before he died. He discovers the truth about Cersei's children - plus he's a loyal friend to King Robert, the only one it appears. He's the only one who would stand up to him, tell him no when something Robert was doing was wrong. He's protective of Arya and Sansa and his boys, and cares about them very much. He even hires a swordfighting teacher for Arya - how awesome is that? Most dads in that time wouldn't do that for their daughters. He even decides to "confess his wrongs" because of the immense love he has for his daughter Sansa, who is being held captive by Cersei. I hated Joffrey more than anybody in the world when the axe fell. And remember: Winter is Coming.

Bran Stark - He's so adorable! Plus he climbs - something I've never been able to do. I think I screamed at the book when Jaime pushed him off from that tower. I begged God to wake him up from his coma after the fall. My heart broke for him when he was in his little depression over not being able to walk again, and I loved Tyrion for giving him that special saddle/horse/whatever it was to help him be able to shoot arrows horseback. I cheered when Summer, Bran's direwolf, protected him from that assassin. Bran = the coolest little boy ever.

Tyrion Lannister - He's a pretty amusing character. What I love most about him is that he comes up with the most clever words when he's on the verge of death. He's intelligent, much more so than his brother Jaime. Plus he's not afraid to take risks. I love him because he's so so funny! And remember, a Lannister always pays his debts. Is that how it goes? I know the Lannisters' house words - HEAR ME ROAR! :)

Jon Snow - Although he's a bit of a whiner during his time at the Night's Watch, I admire his courage and his intelligence in saving Commander Mormont from that wight and his loyalty to his family when he abandoned the Night's Watch for the night to help his brother Robb against the Lannisters. I also adore his friends for bringing him back, especially Samwell. I adore Samwell. I felt so bad for Sam, you know? His father just shipping him off to the Night's Watch because he wasn't manly like he was supposed to be.

Daenerys Targaryen - Dragon blood in your veins? Is there any way a person can get cooler than that? I felt her fear during her wedding to Khal Drogo, but I loved their relationship. It was the only one even slightly romantic in the whole series. I cheered when Khal Drogo killed her brother Viserys for threatening his wife and their baby. I loved how as Khaleesi she grew courage and started to behave as the royal she was. I cried when she lost her baby and Khal Drogo to Mirri Maz Duur's treachery. That was NOT cool of Mirri Maz Duur to trick Daenerys like that, but I think my heart swelled when after the funeral for Drogo her dragons finally hatched, the only ones in the whole world.

Characters that also deserve attention for their awesomeness: Robb Stark, Samwell Tarly, King Robert Baratheon, Renly Baratheon, Sandor Clegane.

No comments:

Post a Comment