Thursday, January 5, 2012

Passionate About Books

It's harder than I could ever guess to be able to find book blogs and connect with other people about them. I've been following other avid readers' blogs, but for now, I'm going to get the opinion of my fellow peers and then I'll focus on talking to others around the nation/globe.

My first opinion is of someone in my group (Initials are M.M) - She connects with books in the sense that she wishes to be them. She prefers fantasy books instead of realistic books because she doesn't like to live in reality. She doesn't like romance novels.

  - My connection to her opinion: I can easily relate to her. I do live in reality, but a lot of times I like to escape it through a novel. Often times I do wish I was somebody else, especially characters in novels. Unlike her, I do like romance books, but specific romance novels. These days, romances in novels are very similar and that annoys me.

My list of books that I've read and loved include (in no particular order):
- The Da Vinci Code (and it's sequel, the Lost Symbol) - Dan Brown
- Message in a Bottle - Nicholas Sparks
- The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins
- The Summer Trilogy - Jenny Han
- The Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling
- The Percy Jackson series - Rick Riordan
- If I Stay (and it's sequel, Where She Went) - Gayle Forman
- The Pretty Little Liars series and the Lying Game series - Sara Shepard
- I Am Number Four Series - Pittacus Lore
- The Red Queen's Daughter - Jacqueline Kolosov
- Beastly - Alex Flinn
- The Fallen Series - Lauren Kate
- Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
- Other Words for Love - Lorraine Zago Rosenthal
- Double Identity - Margaret Haddix
- Jane - April Lindner
- A Song of Ice and Fire Series - George R.R. Martin
- Wherever Nina Lies - Lynn Weingarten
- Promise Not to Tell - Jennifer McMahon
- Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) - Sarah Mlynowski
- Envy - Gregg Olsen
- Perfect Chemistry - Simone Elkeles 
- My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult 

In this novel list, I actually remembered a book I read a few years ago and really liked, called Wish You Well by David Baldacci. There are several other favorites, but I can't come up with them off the top of my head. I'll add when I remember what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment