Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE! It's been months since I last posted, but I've been crazy busy, having a life of my own for the first time. I just finished this fall semester of freshman year in college, and while there were numerous bad days where I seriously considered withdrawing, but I didn't. Ended the semester with a 3.1 GPA - not bad for someone who was behind for a good week or two due to illness. I made new, really good friends. This semester was definitely one of the better ones of my life and I am very glad I went to college after all. 

I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! I got some pretty cool presents this year - an iPhone 6 (which is magical after my crappy Samsung Galaxy 3 that I'd had for 2 years), a James Avery charm, a Michael Kors logo lipstick phone charger, which, regrettably, is not compatible with Apple products for some crazy reason, and was not mentioned on the MK website. It's sold out now online, but occasionally some come back up for sale on the MK website. 
DON'T BUY IF YOU HAVE CURRENT APPLE PRODUCTS! 

I was also given a Toothless stuffed animal (from the How to Train Your Dragon movie) from Build-A-Bear, which is adorable.  

Anyway, there a couple of books I plan to read this semester, including:  


1) I Was Here (Gayle Forman) - releases 1/27/15 - After her best friend Meg commits suicide, Cody goes to her school to pack up her dead best friend's things, and learns many things that Meg never told her. 


2) Love, Rosie (Cecelia Ahern) - titled Where Rainbows End in the UK - Author of P.S. I Love You, this book was originally released in 2004 but is being re-released now that a major motion picture is about to release in February 2015. The book will come out on 1/6/15. The book revolves around the changing relationship of Rosie and Alex, two childhood best friends who become separated when Alex and his family moves away.  

3) The Heir (Keira Cass) - releases 5/5/15 - the fourth novel in the Selection series, the Heir revolves around King Maxon's daughter, Princess Eadlyn and her Selection when she comes of age. I would definitely recommend reading the first three novels in the Selection series (The Selection, The Elite and The One) - which I will write a review about asap!  


4) The Red Queen (Victoria Aveyard) - releases 2/10/15 - a Hunger Games/Selection mix book that details the world Mare lives in, which is determined by blood - the red-bloods are the common bloods, the group Mare belongs to, and the elite silver-bloods, who have superhuman abilities. Mare is a poor thief that is dragged into the Silver-blood world and there in front of the court she discovers a once-dormant power inside of her - Mare is forced to remain there by the king and marry one of his sons, while on the side she is secretly helping the red-blood rebellion. 

5) The Heiresses (Sara Shepard) - currently available on B&N Nook, releases paperback 3/31/15 - Being a wealthy, famous, elite member of the Saybrook family of the jewelry empire has its perks - but there also comes a price - in the form of an old curse on the family. The Saybrook heiresses - Rowan, Corinne, Aster and Natasha - find themselves in trouble when fellow Saybrook heiress Poppy flings herself to her death from her office window - many think it was a suicide, but a threat lingers - one heiress down, four to go. The remaining girls must now discover the truth about their family but they lose the one thing money won't buy - their lives. 

That's all for now! 






No comments:

Post a Comment