Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Dream

So I know I've already broken my song for the month project. I apologize! I've been so busy getting ready to go back to school that I completely neglected this. To make up, I'll post 4 new songs today for the 4 days I missed. 

Sunday, January 11th's song: Dream by Priscilla Ahn (2008). 

I was a little girl
Alone in my little wold 
Who dreamed of a little home for me.
I played pretend between the trees
 And fed my houseguests bark and leaves. 
And laughed in my pretty bed of green. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly  
From the highest swing
I had a dream. 

Long walks in the dark
Through woods grown behind the park,
I asked God who I'm supposed to be. 
The stars smiled down on me,
God answered in silent reverie. 
I said a prayer and fell asleep. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly 
From the highest tree 
I had a dream. 

Now I'm old and feeling grey, 
I don't know what's left to say 
About this life I'm willing to leave. 
I lived it full and I lived it well, 
There's many tales I lived to tell. 
I'm ready now,
I'm ready now, 
I'm ready now 
To fly from the highest wing. 

I had a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment