Saturday, January 24, 2015

Young and Beautiful

"Young and Beautiful" by Lana del Rey (2013). 


I've seen the world, 
Done it all, 
Had my cake now.
Diamonds, brilliant, 
The Bel Air now. 
Hot summer nights, mid-July, 
When you and I were forever wild. 
The crazy days, city lights,
The way you'd play with me like a child. 




CHORUS
Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful? 
Will you still love me when I've got nothing but my aching soul? 
I know you will, 
I know you will,
I know that you will. 
Will you still love me when I'm no longer beautiful? 

I've seen the world, lit it up,
As my stage now. 
Channeling angels in the New Age now. 
Hot summer days, rock n' roll,
The way you'd play for me at your show. 
And all the ways I got to know 
Your pretty face and electric soul.

CHORUS 

Dear Lord, when I get to heaven,
Please let me bring my man. 
When he comes tell me that you'll let him in. 
Father, tell me if you can.
Oh, that grace,
Oh, that body, 
Oh that face,
Makes me wanna party. 
He's my sun, he makes me shine
Like diamonds. 

CHORUS 

No comments:

Post a Comment