Wednesday, January 28, 2015

White Houses

Yesterday's song: "White Houses" by Vanessa Carlton (2004).



Crashed on the floor when I moved in, 
This little bungalow with some strange new friends.
Stay up too late, and I'm too thin
We promise each other it's till the end. 
Now we're spinning empty bottles, 
It's the five of us,
With pretty-eyed boys girls die to trust.
I can't resist the day,
No, I can't resist the day.

Jenny screams out and it's no pose, 
'Cause when she dances, she goes and goes.
Beer through the nose on an inside joke,
And I'm so excited, I haven't spoken.
And she's so pretty, and she's so sure
Maybe I'm more clever than a girl like her. 
Summer's all in bloom.
Summer's ending soon. 

It's alright,
And it's nice not to be so alone. 
But I hold on to your secrets 
In white houses. 

Maybe I'm a little bit over my head,
I come undone at the things he said.
And he's so funny in his bright red shirt
We were all in love and we all got hurt.
I sneak into his car's cracked leather seat
The smell of gasoline and the summer heat.
Boy, we're going way too fast  
It's all too sweet to last.

It's alright,
And I put myself in his hands
But I hold on to your secrets in white houses.
Love, or something ignites in my veins 
And I pray it never fades,
In white houses. 

My first time, hard to explain
Rush of blood, oh, and a little bit of pain
On a cloudy day, it's more common than you think.
He's my first mistake. 

Maybe you were all faster than me,
We gave each other up so easily
These silly little wounds will never mend
I feel so far from where I've been.
So I go, and I will not be back here again,
I'm gone as the day is fading on white houses.
I lied, wrote my injuries all in the dust
In my heart it's the five of us,
In white houses.

And you, maybe you'll remember me,
What I gave is yours to keep
In white houses (x3).


No comments:

Post a Comment