Friday, August 22, 2014

All By Myself...

I am a new college student. It's overwhelming just THINKING about it! In fact, everything about college, including orientation week, is overwhelming and exhausting. I just moved into my dorm yesterday morning, and my mom went back to Houston a couple of hours ago. 

Moving-in and everything that followed hasn't been as terrifying as I thought it would be, but now that my mom has left, it's really sunk in that I'm here alone. ALL BY MYSELF. And that is terrifying. I'm panicking - I haven't made that many friends while my roommate has already made a ton. Does that mean I'll be a friendless loser for the next four years? Highly unlikely, although it does seem like it at the moment.

I'm not an overly talkative or social person. Being an introvert, I hate small talk, and superficial is the best word to describe my peers' conversations. 

I just feel so...alone. Like there is nobody and no one I can go to for help or just to talk to a peer. I don't know what to do. 

I know college is a clean slate, a place to reinvent myself. If I'm holding demons from the past, then how I am I supposed to take advantage of that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment