Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Everybody Loves Me But You

So I've decided to put lyrics to a song every day for the rest of the month of January here on my blog - songs I've connected to at some point in my life, or songs that just fill me with joy, songs that make me think, even if they're sad. And I'll reflect on that song for that day. 

The first song is Everybody Loves Me But You, by Brenda Lee (1962) 


Why did I listen to my friends
When they told me what to do? 
Yes, I still have my friends
But I don't have you. 

And like true friends,
They still come around,
And say "I'm sorry you're blue" 
Oh, everybody loves me but you.

My friends don't know what they've done,
And well, they wouldn't understand anyhow. 
I can't tell them they were wrong,
Cause I'm afraid they'll leave me, too.
Now, it's funny, but more than ever
I need them now. 

I still ask my friends what to do,
But it seems they don't know
How to bring, how to bring you back,
They say, "What made him go?" 

Yes, like true friends,
They still come around,
And say "I'm sorry you're blue" 
Everybody loves me but you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment