Monday, February 27, 2012

Harry Potter

So, this is the perfect time to talk about my obsessiveness about Harry Potter. Why is that, you may ask? Well, all you Americans out there reading this (and perhaps abroad, too - who knows?) most likely know that the Academy Awards were last night. And if you saw the awards show, you'll know that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part Two did not take home any awards that night - The Academy of whatever apparently doesn't like HP, which is a totally wrong move on their part, because the Harry Potter movies do a fantastic job of creating the magic of the books, which cannot be said for Twilight or for most movie series based on books. 


I could go on and on about why I love Harry Potter so much that it's my favorite series of all time (so far). I read this series in about a week. I didn't get into the Harry Potter club until pretty late on, but a couple of years or so by now. My favorite book was the last one. It had the most action (all books were amazing and very interesting, but the last was the best in my opinion). These books made me truly imagine that wizards and magic were real and that Hogwarts actually existed - and I would definitely go to Hogwarts if I were a witch. I would love it there. I would probably be a Ravenclaw, I believe, which I'm happy with, but Gryffindor or Slytherin would be cool, too. I'm a Ravenclaw on Pottermore. I loved several characters, I could not name which one was my favorite. 


My favorite characters are (in no particular order)
1. Severus Snape
2. Hermione Granger
3. Luna Lovegood
4. Ginny Weasley
5. Fred & George Weasley 
6. Harry Potter (of course) 
7. Sirius Black 
8. Remus Lupin
9. Nymphadora Tonks
10. Minerva McGonagall 
11. Ron Weasley 


Of course, I love ALMOST all of the Harry Potter characters - I don't particularly like Wormtail or Draco or Umbridge, or Minister of Magic Cornelius Fudge or any of the Death Eaters - although Bellatrix portrays a psychotic, obsessed-with-Voldemort Death Eater, and I applaud her for that, but she killed Sirius and Tonks so I can't love her. Voldemort, although I admit he's a genius in all the wrong ways, killed Lily and James, Harry's parents, and a bunch of other cool people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment