Wednesday, March 23, 2011

PSA Project

So, I found my group. I'm glad that both of the other people in my group have taken at least one Spanish class at school. It helps a little. We did some research on animal abuse & on PSAs. It made me so sad, watching the videos and photos of poor, helpless animals being neglected and being beaten by people. 
Animal abuse needs to be stopped because animals don't deserve to be treated unfairly. I know that people abuse animals as a result of being abused themselves - therefore, they take out their frustrations on the animals, and animals often die from being tortured & neglected by humans. 


We filled in a design cycle worksheet, which helped organize our ideas. We looked at the SPCA & PETA websites that gave us information on animal cruelty. Even though countless websites put information on the internet about animal cruelty - how animal abuse can be prevented/avoided, how we can detect animal cruelty if it is going on around us, how to stop animal abuse, and why people abuse animals, but nevertheless, animal abuse still occurs every day and thousands of animals die from this abuse every year. I find it sad that so many people take their time to spread the information and post information online about animal abuse, and yet so many people are still cruel to animals. 


I read an article online on how several hundred animals are killed in U.S labs each year. I don't think I can be proud and happy to be a part of this country if animals are being tortured in our labs for "experimentation". I could never use products that have been tested on animals. 


I read on Yahoo that a truly amazing film legend has died today. RIP Elizabeth Taylor :( 


50 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment