Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Private

Hi guys! I know I haven't posted in FOREVER. I'm not very consistent, am I? Anyway, it's summertime, and that means it's time to whip out a book and read by the pool, under the sun. I read the Private Series by Kate Brian books a while ago, but I decided to re-read them. 

Now, I'm not saying they're a work of literary genius, but they're interesting. They're kind of like Gossip Girl, but with murders and dangerous secrets and scandal. 

It starts off with the protagonist, sophomore Reed Brennan, arriving at Easton Academy, a boarding school for over-privileged kids in Connecticut. Easton had been her dream school for years, because it was a way out of her boring, miserable town in Pennsylvania. She's accepted to the school on a scholarship, and of course, feels completely lost at first surrounded by girls and guys too wealthy for their own good. She meets senior Thomas Pearson, a hot, popular and mysterious boy. Her wildest dreams come true when the most popular girls of the school, the girls of the exclusive Billings House, actually acknowledge her existence. She's particularly fascinated by the leader of Billings House, beautiful and confident senior Noelle Lange, and her little group of friends - Ariana Osgood, quiet good girl and poet, Kiran Hayes, a gorgeous model, and Taylor Bell, the smartest girl in school. Even though they make her do demeaning things, Reed is determined to be one of them - these girls go on to be great people who make their mark on the world, and she wants that for herself, too. Essentially, she'll do almost anything to get into their group. It kind of reminds me of Mean Girls, but Noelle and her friends are much more manipulative than Regina George and her "army of skanks." 

I won't spoil anything - you'll just have to read the series for yourself! There are 14 books (a handful, I know), and while at a certain point it feels like the author is just dragging the series on for no particular purpose, just get to the end.


Actually, I've always imagined what Noelle and her friends would look like. In the next few posts, I'm going to post what I think these characters would look like. I'll start with Noelle Lange. 


No comments:

Post a Comment