Monday, November 29, 2010

Pixel vs. Vector

Last week I wasn't at school so there were no posts - and then there was Thanksgiving break. I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving like I did! I was sad when the break was over, but...Christmas break is in 15 days! WOO-HOO! 

Anyway, today I will be talking about pixel vs. vector, and about Adobe Illustrator. 
Photoshop (which I hate, by the way) uses pixels - Illustrator, however, uses vectors.
The difference? Well, today I found out.

Vector images can be enlarged from a very small size to as large as a billboard without loss of quality. On the other hand, pixels are the small dots that make up a photo or a picture in a image format. When you try to enlarge the photo, the quality decreases because the space between each pixel needs to be interploted and it gets very pixelized.

No comments:

Post a Comment