Tuesday, February 8, 2011

WHY?

Why does this class enjoy making my life miserable? 
Yes, this means I will have to be using typography for this next project, which unfortunately is done on Photoshop. 
I'm considering whether or not I plan on doing this assignment, project, whatever it is.


Well, once I saw the example video, it doesn't look like Photoshop so much as just capitalizing some words in a sentence and not capitalizing others and making the font bigger for some words and tiny font for others. 
I still don't see the point in this, though. When are we going to use something like this in life? Powerpoints aren't meant to be like that - normally in life, you'll make presentations for either work or school, and I'm sure they don't want that type of presentation. 


And since I went on a field trip last Wednesday and was not in class, I have to talk about the current situation in Egypt. 


Basically, in late January 2011, a mass protest erupted in Cairo, Egypt and in other Egyptian cities in response to President Mubarak's intention to run for reelection in September 2011. In response to the protests, Mubarak promised to not go for reelection, but still protesters were not pleased. Many wanted Mubarak to step down immediately, which has led to violent clashes between pro-Mubarak and anti-Mubarak protesters. On Friday, February 11, 2011, President Mubarak resigned as president in order to satisfy the protesters' demands. Massive crowds celebrated in Tahrir Square in Cairo and throughout Egypt many cheered and celebrated. 
Protesters used the social media to counter Egypt's security forces. This is one method the protesters used to oust President Mubarak from power. Mubarak's 30 year presidency was destroyed in 18 days. Amazing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment